Thursday 4 April 2013

The Carrot Cake (Bánh Cà Rốt)



I was never really a fan of Carrot Cake (Bánh Cà Rốt) all these while probably because I never had any good experience eating a good carrot cake out there. However, I think it is one of Best Vietnamese Food. Maybe the thought of eating a “vegetable” cake deterred me from wanting to try this out compared to chocolate cakes or cheese cakes. Anyway, not any longer ever since we got ourselves a Fagor oven in our new house. Carrot cake rocks! More so when it is topped with lemon cream cheese frosting and eaten slightly chilled.
 
carrot-cake-banh-ca-rot
 
My wife made this a couple of weeks back and I am now a fan of this Best Vietnamese Food. Moist and nutritious, this carrot cake is laden with freshly grated carrots, sweetened pineapples, oven-toasted walnuts and plump raisins. I think the best part that there is no mixer involved (with a little caveat that a mixer would be required to prepare the frosting). Just get yourself a big bowl and spatula and give it a good mix manual.
 
carrot-cake-banh-ca-rot
 
What makes this carrot cake so special that I have decided to call it the Ultimate Carrot Cake Recipe? Well, it’s been handed down from my mother-in-law to my wife; it tastes good as reported by many who have tasted this and most of all, one piece is never enough. Need I say more? Sift the flour with soda and baking powder. Add castor sugar.Beat eggs lightly in a separate bowl. Add in vanilla essence.
 
carrot-cake-banh-ca-rot


Click The Carrot Cake (Bánh Cà Rốt) to see more

From VietnameseFood.com.vn

No comments:

Post a Comment